Where I am: sitting in Starbucks, Pumpkin Spice latte in a mug next to me (I’m so basic sometimes, it hurts)
Listening to: Mariah Carey (it’s really hard to not start singing at the top of my voice)
so, update time – after my post about World Mental Health Day i received a lot of messages of support from friends both near and far and so i’d just like to say thank you for that, i really appreciate that you all took the time out of your lives to reach out. thank you to those of you that shared your stories with me, it really is overwhelming just how many of us are touched by mental illness.
i have started therapy now – it’s weird but i’m hopeful it will be have a positive impact on me. i try really hard to not let it dictate my life.
i had a number of people message me to say that they would never had imagined i suffered, that had i not posted about it then and previously, i would be the last person they would have thought had depression and anxiety.
off the back of that, because we all know how egocentric i am, here are 28 other things you may not know about me…
- i will always be jealous of everyone that can play (competently play) the piano and violin. growing up my parents couldn’t afford for me to have lessons so it is something that i never learnt but always wanted to.
- my favourite seasons are spring and autumn. they are both transitional seasons and they feel just like starting over to me. spring is full of hope – everything is new. autumn clears my mind, when the leaves fall and so do the cobwebs in my head.
- i’m much more a ‘bunch of wildflowers’ girl than a ‘bunch of roses’ girl
- the best sounds in the world are my nephews laughs (all three of them) the sound of the waves crashing is a close second though.
- i am a bit of a tea snob – i take mine milk, no sugar. Preferably it will be a Barry’s tea bag or a Yorkshire. To end the debate once and for all – THE MILK GOES IN LAST.
- i do not like wine. Or champagne. i really wish i did. It looks so sophisticated, but it all tastes like vinegar to me. i do however enjoy a nice glass of Bucks Fizz and can stomach a glass of Prosecco but that’s as sophisticated as i get.
- if i were to ever design my own home and you told me i could have either a really big closet or a really big library i would choose a library every time.
- i really do want world peace
- the most perfect place i have ever been is the Island of Capri at sunset
- i really want to live by the seaside
- my friend Steph once bought me a notebook with a map of the world as a cover – she brought it for me to document my travels in. now, whenever i visit somewhere that requires me to board an aeroplane i always pick up a postcard from the destination and stick it in that book.
- most girls i know have thought in great detail about their wedding and what they want it to be like. i have not. i have, however, thought a lot about what i’d like my funeral to be like (morbid, i know)
- although i was christened COE when i was a bubba and i’m not overly religious now, i do still believe in God. i’m not sure in which sense – i don’t believe it’s a big dude sitting on a cloud, but i do believe in some kind of higher being. i also believe that Karma is a very real force in this world.
- If i could have anyone narrate my life i think i would choose either David Attenborough or the guy that narrates Come Dine with Me because he is a sarcastic ray of sunshine.
- i am obsessed with Crime documentaries and stories (i’m not sure what that says about me,really)
- yes it’s true, i was on the telly not once, but twice. autographs are 50p. per letter.
- i am a musical freak. my favourite is West Side Story.
- if i watch friends with you i will most likely quote at least 50% of the dialogue at you. if you’re really lucky it may be more.
- unless it is work, a medical appointment or something like a wedding or funeral I will be at least 10 minutes late. at this point i’ve realised it’s just who i am as a person.
- i love Cliff Richard!! – i grew up watching Summer Holiday and The Young Ones (see no.17 musical freak) and i think this is why i love him.
- most people are scared of clowns, rodents, snakes, spiders… not me. i’m scared of Octopus and Squid. i’m shivering just thinking about them now. Eurgh.
- i will put ketchup with pretty much anything. there isn’t many dishes that a squirt of Heinz can’t make better.
- want to know if you matter to me? find out if i have a song/songs attached to you. music is in my heart and if you are too, there will be a song for you.
- my favourite handbag designer is Kate Spade. And, unpopular opinion time, i do not like Michael Kors. at all.
- i really love Caroline Flack. i want her to be my friend. the same goes for Dawn O’Porter
- i have a bit of a crush on Gary Oldman. especially as Sirius Black
- my favourite accent in the world is the Irish (Northern > Southern, soz guys)
- one of my earliest memories from when i was very young is someone walked past me in the town, burning my left hand with their cigarette. that’s how i learnt my left and right.